Derivatives and Hedging Trader
The Incumbent is responsible for actively monitoring and assisting the physical trading desk by carrying out a number of responsibilities. If you are driven, determined and want the next step in your career this is a role meant for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right individual in this exciting Derivatives and Hedging Analyst position.
Incumbent is responsible for actively monitoring and assisting the physical trade desk by carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Actively liaising with traders to assess the physical book hedge requirements and quantify directional, spread and volatility exposure
- Actively monitor the market and focused commodity price trends, commodity S/D to spot the opportunities.
- Keep abreast on price / economic / fundamental SD developments and actively participate in market discussions facilitating “to price or to hold” decision making process.
- Assess and monitor the futures and other derivative trades daily and attribute to respective physical desks and transactions.
- Produce the mark to market valuation on all exchange traded and OTC derivative transactions on weekly basis, explain the P/L variation and in relation with physical book.
- Run the m2m reports from system and reconcile to arrive at net open positions by identifying open / closed positions.
- Take active role on researching in the areas of credit risk modelling or OTC option structure pricing models as prioritized by company
- Be willing to work in shifts covering US market timings if required.
- Have had 4-5 years of experience in relevant field
- Proven risk management skills and appetite
- Good understanding and skills of options and commodity derivatives
- Organizational skills as relates to S/D analysis, logistics, p/l reconciliation, etc.
- Have a strong analytical background
- Good computer skills with proficiency in the full domain of Microsoft office functions
- Relevant education background
- Be quick to identify problems and develop appropriate solutions by applying know-how/experience.
- Preference will be given to prior experience in commodity trading environment
- Need to be a good team player with impressive interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills, full domain of Microsoft office