Associated Grain is located in the rich and productive grain growing area of the Darling Downs in Queensland, Australia. It is now owned by Agrocorp International. The company has serviced growers for over half a century processing, packing and marketing some of the highest quality grain and seed grown anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a production manager who can help to supervise the flow of the entire production for the company.
- Ensuring production scheduling maximises efficiency of throughput by considering all orders across the company and prioritising these requirements into an effective and efficient production flow.
- Effectively maintaining the work flow and ensuring all scheduled controls and tasks are completed in a timely manner by:
- Strategic allocation of human and physical resources
- Monitoring the process steps in place
- Observing control points and equipment
- After appropriate consultation, revise schedules if and as required
- Ensuring professional communication is maintained with all levels of staff including your managers and subordinates and by doing so ensuring that all parties are aware of the production schedule and are advised prior to any significant changes being implemented.
- All relevant paperwork and documentation (including Ostendo requirements) is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understanding and implementing best practices including being process orientated and continuous improvement focused.
- Implementing and maintaining quality assurance procedures and processes by selecting and maintaining appropriate equipment, supervising product standards and enforcing quality-control programs.
- Perform any reasonable tasks or requests as required from time to time by management.
- Being committed to motivating and increasing productivity by supervising and inspiring workers through recognizing of and facilitating staff training requirements.
- Reviewing the work performance of subordinates in accordance with company performance management guidelines. Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Hygiene is a core fundamental responsibility.
- Each site must complete and submit the following paperwork each week by ensuring:
- Hygiene Inspection,
- Cleaning & Waste Disposal (CWD) Record for AQIS
- Registers are to be maintained and up to date.
- Must ensure adequate supplies of all consumables eg. ink, cotton, bulk boards etc. and have Sufficient supplies of bags are accessible at all times
- All sites must complete and submit Stock take reports as required
- Purchase Consumables only from approved suppliers
- Work with the logistics team to organise freight
- Diploma or Certificate in Management or relevant experience
- Current High-Risk Work License (e.g. Forklift)
- 5 years previous experience in a similar role/industry
- Proven excellence in communication, people management and leadership skills
- Highly developed negotiation skills and conflict resolution
- Proven ability to delegate
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills
- Proven commitment to health and safety
- Receptive to change and possess the ability to lead change