- Performing all fixing of freight for container movements.
- Appoint and coordinate with Port Agents to obtain and review information’s pertaining to vessel and containers gated in status.
- Coordinate and follow-up with shipping line / Nvocc / Forwarder on vessel eta status. Monitor and supervise Cargo Discharge / Load operations and to finalize necessary documents.
- Take care of demurrage / detention filling with lines.
- Check and verify the Purchase / Sales contract before placing booking. Booking needs to be in line with both contracts.
- Control space allocations with lines among various load port.
- Prepare sailing schedule & rates sheet for traders.
- Verify and check freight invoices, invoices related to demurrage/ detention or any other penalties before making payment.
- Upon Ship’s departure from ports, coordinate on original bill of lading status and also arrange for release of bl to shipper.
- Coordinate with Owners to obtain Letter of Indemnity (LOI) in absence of Original Bills of Lading, or change of delivery port etc or other unusual requests.
- Arrange booking confirmation. Once, booking in place send nomination to shipper, respective trader & operations team.
- Ensure smooth transportation and operational planning of all shipment i.e. direct or indirect shipment;
- Be responsible for handling daily forwarding operational issues with service providers and respective internal customers based on international trading experience (i.e. sea freight trading requiring L/C, import/ export clearance knowledge);
- Be involved in negotiation with logistics service providers and to analyze quotations from vendors;
- Handle the full spectrum of the operation of the imports/ exports & Cross trade.
- Coordinate with carriers, suppliers, customers & accounts department
- Verify and confirm the information on the shipping documentation
- Booking containers with shipping lines/forwarders/Nvocc
- Follow ups shipping charges & claims with shipping companies
- Updates shipment data to system
- Arranging for bl collection from lines and also arrange Loi to shipping lines.
- Degree or Diploma holder preferably in shipping or logistics.
- Min. 1 year experience in handling container shipments.
- Must have working knowledge of INCOTERMS.
- Good interpersonal skills and need to be able to communicate effectively.
- Good team player.
- Eager to learn.