Shipping Operations Executive
- Performing all Post-Fixture job functions, after Chartering Manager finalizes Pre-Fixture recap.
- Assist the Pre-Fixture Team with key information and leads during countering stages.
- Appoint and coordinate with Port Agents to obtain and review information’s pertaining to Vessel and Cargo Operation’s such as Port facilities, Pilotage Services, Watch-keeping, Stevedoring Services, Cargo Productivity Levels, and Berthing Prospects etc. In addition, Owners matters like; Bunkering facilities, Port Disbursement Accounts, and related issues that arise case to case.
- When deem necessary appoint Protective Agents in remote ports, with management approval.
- Coordinate and follow-up with Ship’s Masters, Cargo Surveyors and Agency House to diligently monitor and supervise Cargo Discharge / Load operations and to finalize necessary documents.
- Audit vessels Daily Report at sea pertaining to Speed Performance, Bunker Consumption etc in comparison to prevailing weather conditions and cargo / stowage factors etc.
- Check and verify the Pro-forma Charter Party prior to final signature and endorsements.
- Coordinate with Protection & Indemnity (P&I) Clubs and Under-Writers for any allege claims from Charterers / Shippers and or Receivers to protect Owners interest, best possible.
- Raise Demurrage/Despatch invoices for Voyage & Time Charter fixtures and follow-up regularly in case of any payment delays.
- Prepare Voyage Instruction/s to Masters for Time charter Fixtures.
- Verify Pro-forma Disbursement Accounts (PDA) and negotiate with agents to exclude unnecessary cost items from PDA. Also, negotiate the Agency fees and other Sundry Charges, before pre-funding.
- Upon Ship’s departure from ports, audit PDA with services obtained from the Port Agent/s and follow-up for Final Disbursement Accounts (FDA) with Actual Bills etc, and arrange suitable debit / credit.
- Coordinate with receivers to obtain Bank endorsed Letter of Indemnity (LOI) in absence of Original Bills of Lading, or change of delivery port etc or other unusual requests.
- Preparing the freight estimate prior to fixture, and provisional final accounts and final accounts for time charter fixtures.
- Check and audit Statement of Facts (SOF), Mate Receipt, Cargo Manifest and other related documents once vessel has sailed.
- Preparation of Laytime Calculation on Voyage Charter Party.
- To achieve more profit than the costing with efficient operation.
Skills / Attributes required:
- Degree or Diploma holder preferably in shipping or logistics.
- Min. 1 to 2 years’ experience in dry bulk operations
- Must have working knowledge of INCOTERMS.
- Should have post fixture knowledge
- Experience working with Ship owners or ship operators will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and need to be able to communicate effectively.
- Good team player.
- Eager to learn.
For quicker processing of your email application, please indicate position title in the subject heading and the following information in your resume or by email.
- Current and Expected Salary
- Date of Birth
- Availability to start work
- Reasons for leaving
To submit your application, please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com.